Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problems working with Timestamps in custom Data Source
chrisdutz
Hi,
I am having a strange problem here. When using a custom Data Source and Data Set and using fields of type java.sql.Timestamp, my driver returns the correct value, unfortunately the reports show all timestamps with correct date, but the time is allways set to "0:00 AM"/"00:00". The values returned by my ResultSet contain the correct values ... am I doing something wrong?
Chris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
chrisdutz
As another Google session did not help, I started following my Timestamp objects back into the Birt code and found something interesting.
In the class OdiAdapter I can see that my timestamp field is listed in the "columnIndexListForTypeConvert" property. This causes Birt to convert my Timestamp into a Date which stripps of the time-information.
(OdiAdapter lines 180-192)
How can I prevent Birt from doing this?
Chris
CBR
hi Chris,
what's your BIRT version? Can you try to disable Data Set Caching for this data set? (i think it only works in 3.7.2).
You can deactivate data set caching by clicking the data set in the designer, going to property editor advanced and set needs data set cache property to false.
Just give it a try to see if that class causes the issue.
(is your code available somewhere?)
Christian