Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite authentiction on Windows
sunil_j
Hi,
I wish to know how to authenticate users for TeamSite 5.5.2 running on Windows using a Directory Server (LDAP)? Infact how can I point Windows Server to point to an LDAP for user authentication. I need this inofrmation, as I do not want to create Users on Windows Operating System.
Let me have all your suggestions.
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Sunil,
Just in case you haven't found the answer, there is a "User and Role Authentication Using LDAP" in the TeamSite 5.5.2 Administration Guide, page 135.
Susan
sunil_j
Hi Susan,
I am aware of the LDAP mode of authentication as handled by TeamSite by making changes to the iw.cfg file. But inspite of using LDAP as the user repository, Teamsite requires users to be present on the Local operating system - which is undesirable. In order to overcome this problem, Interwoven recommends to point the Operating System to the LDAP. I know how the approach is on Solaris i.e using a Primary Naming Service (Making LDAP as the Primary mode of Authentication). I wish to know how to do the same on Windows ?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Migrateduser
We have Interwoven using an Active Directory server on Windows 2000 and it works fine. All we had to do was join the Interwoven server to the Active Directory domain and make the following changes to iw.cfg.
[authentication]
authenticate_by=ldap
ldap_server=LDAP_SERVER
ldap_port=LDAP_PORT
ldap_dnbase=OU=PLACE_WHERE_USERS_WILL_EXIST,DC=DOMAIN_CONTROLLER,DC=DOMAIN_CONTROLLER
ldap_dnbase=YOU CAN HAVE MULTIPLES OF THESE TO LOOK USERS AND GROUPS UP
ldap_key=UNIQUE_ATTRIBUTE_THAT_USERS_WILL_BE_LOGGING_IN_WITH
ldap_roles=WE USED A CUSTOM (EXTENDED) ATTRIBUTE, BUT THIS NEEDS TO BE A MULTI-VALUED ATTRIBUTE TO CONTAIN ROLES
ldap_account=USER ACCOUNT THAT INTERWOVEN WILL USE TO AUTHENTICATE USER -- MOST LIKELY AN ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOUNT
ldap_pwd=PASSWORD INTERWOVEN WILL USE TO AUTHENTICATE WITH DIRECTORY