Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Breaks within Nested Tables and Grids when Importing into PDF
rmendonsa
I have a report with nested tables and grids.
The report page breaks inconsistently when exporting to pdf.
The BIRT version I am using is 2.3.2.
Is there a way to fix this issue?
Used the following code in the "beforeFactory" method of the report,but, it did not resolve the issue.
// Remove page break intervals from PDF output
if ( (reportContext.getParameterValue("usepagebreaks") == "false")|| reportContext.getOutputFormat() == "pdf" ) {
// Give each table in the report a name, and add the names to the list below, e.g. ["mainTable", "childTable1"]
var tableListing = ["mainTable"];
for each(var tableName in tableListing) {
var table = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findElement(tableName)
if (table != null)
{
table.setProperty("pageBreakInterval", 0);
}
}
}
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you recreate the issue with the sample database and attach the report in here, so I can test on it? Thanks!
rmendonsa
I have attached the report design file as well as a copy of the .pdf output. Any help is highly appreciated. Tried a few different thing to no avail. Thanks.
mwilliams
Have you tried setting the pageBreakInterval of the most outer table to 0? That might help some. Give it a try and let me know. If you could recreate this issue with the sample database so that I can run it, I can do more testing.
rmendonsa
Hi Michael,
I did try setting the pageBreakInterval of the outer most table to 0. That did not help. In my previous thread I included the report design file with demo data as well as a .pdf of the output where te page breaking was inconsistent. If for some reason you do not see it or can't get to it, please let me know and I will resend it.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
-Raynah
mwilliams
In your last thread? Or you last post in this thread? In your last post in this thread, I see the design and the pdf output, but the dataSource used is a Maximo dataSource, not one I can use. Maybe I'm missing something. If in another forum thread, please point me to that. Thanks!