Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
JDBC connection closing problem
Raghava
Hi All,
I am extending 'org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection' class and passing jdbc connection. I have overridden Open() and Close() methods. Here problem is before passing jdbc connection, I am creating few tables in db and loading data using same connection based on the few parameters. I am achieving table creation in Open() method. But Open() and close() methods are being invoked many times for single report(for instance Test connection,Data set preview,report preview). I want to avoid table creation every time. I can have a check like if connection is null then only go and create connection but don't know when to close connection.And I like to know that,how many times these methods will get invoked during run time.
Kindly help me out.
Raghava
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Raghava
Any suggestions.<br />
<br />
Raghava<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Raghava'" data-cid="99960" data-time="1336102329" data-date="03 May 2012 - 08:32 PM"><p>
Hi All,<br />
<br />
I am extending 'org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection' class and passing jdbc connection. I have overridden Open() and Close() methods. Here problem is before passing jdbc connection, I am creating few tables in db and loading data using same connection based on the few parameters. I am achieving table creation in Open() method. But Open() and close() methods are being invoked many times for single report(for instance Test connection,Data set preview,report preview). I want to avoid table creation every time. I can have a check like if connection is null then only go and create connection but don't know when to close connection.And I like to know that,how many times these methods will get invoked during run time.<br />
<br />
Kindly help me out.<br />
<br />
Raghava<br /></p></blockquote>