Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
a filtering problem
osuwariboy
Hello everyone, I'm currently using Eclipse Indigo which has BIRT engine 3.2.23 embedded into it. Now, I've constructed a cross-tab calling upon a stored procedure I have in MySQL and everything works flawlessly for the most part. However, I have a big problem when it comes to filters... namely, they don't seem to work!!!
So, referring to my screenshot, here's what I want to do: Have a grand total filtered by TypeCouverture. So I create an aggregation and use the "filter" zone and type one of the four possible values (Couple, Fam, Ind, Mono) and all I get is a blank. The only time I get an output is when I type "Couple" as the filter... and even then, it's the same as the unfiltered total.
What am I doing wrong. Since I get a reaction, I know I'm referring to the zone properly and the values I type are copy-pasted straight from the database... so no typos possible there.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Osu
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
osuwariboy
Okay, I was able to solve my problem with a little bit of ingenuity. So here's what I did (refer to my screenshot in order to follow a little bit better).
1) Since I had four possible values, I went ahead and created four aggregation bindings (the ones circled in my screenshot NBPersonnesCouple, NBPersonnesFam, NBPersonnesMono, NBPersonnesInd). It's important to select an aggregation otherwise you won't get the filtering option used in step 2.
2) I applied a filter on each of the four bindings I just created (for example: dimension["Division"]["TypeCouverture"] == "Ind" for the Individual value). Note also that those are just bindings, they are not linked to any control on the cross-tab so don't bother looking for one.
3) Very Important: I aggregated the result on the finest level of detail I had (basically, I aggregated to the same level as the 'detail' zone of the cross-tab)
4) I added four normal aggregation on the cross-tab (the names start with gTotal) and aggregated the bindings created in step 1, 2 and 3... no need for any filter there.
And everything works now. I really hope this helps someone in the future since it took me over a day to come up with this.
So, see you next problem folks
.
Osu