Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
suppress tables based on records in first table
HSMorales
I have a report with 4 tables. each table is binded to different datasets. The first table has a computed column called ROW_COUNT to count the number of rows returned. If ROW_COUNT = 0 the table is suppressed and a message is displayed. I would like to use ROW_COUNT to suppress the other 3 tables if the first table is suppressed. Is there a way I can do this? How can I assign ROW_COUNT to a variable that I can use for the visibility option of the other 3 tables ?? Thanks I am running BIRT 3.7.0
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tubal
The easiest way would probably be to embed the last 3 tables within the footer of the first table. That way if the first table was hidden, the three tables within it would also be hidden.<br />
<br />
If this won't work, another way to do it would be to assign the value of your rowcount binding to a global variable in the first table's onRender script.<br />
<br />
Something like:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>reportContext.setGlobalVariable("firstRows",dataSetRow["ROW_COUNT"]);</pre>
<br />
then in your visibility script for the other three tables, you'd put something like:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>reportContext.getGlobalVariable("firstRows") < 1;</pre>
HSMorales
Thanks. I went ahead and imbedded the tables in the footer of the first table and it does what I need it to do.