Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Is there a way to link up an HTML gadget to a reportlet?
gdittmar
Hi All,
I am in a situation where I need to allow some sort of user input in terms of being able to type into a form a series of weights which will be passed as parameters to a report for a calculated column. I was thinking it should just be a matter of making the html gadget, set up the forms etc, and then link it to a reportlet which then lets me drill down into the report. However when I try to link my reportlet to the HTML gadget it does not appear to be selectable. Is this just not possible or to get the functionality I require would I need to use the JSAPI to build my forms and reportlet in the HTML gadget? This is a client mandated functionality that they want coded up specifically so I cant really get around not using the forms for user input.
Thanks,
George
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi gdittmar,
Reportlet gadget can link up with either data selector gadget or a parameter gadget. If you need to keep all the weight series consolidated together, you can define them all as parameters in a BIRT report and then use parameter gadget to bring them into dahsboard in a single gadget and then link them up with the reportlet gadget. Does this approach work for you?
gdittmar
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="100166" data-time="1336589257" data-date="09 May 2012 - 11:47 AM"><p>
Hi gdittmar,<br />
Reportlet gadget can link up with either data selector gadget or a parameter gadget. If you need to keep all the weight series consolidated together, you can define them all as parameters in a BIRT report and then use parameter gadget to bring them into dahsboard in a single gadget and then link them up with the reportlet gadget. Does this approach work for you?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yeah that seems to take care of it. thanks!