Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report previews in viewer but not in Preview
Dave O
I am using 3.7 with ms sql 2008 R2.
I have a dataset with 93 test members. The Dataset preview shows the data.
When I click the Preview tab, it brings up the Parameters dialogue, then the shell of the report, but no data.
After going nuts examining the xml and properties to try to find a reason the data was being filtered, i tried running the Viewer. THe report came out as desired.
Any place I can look to see what is stopping the data from the previewer? I even increased the limit to No Limit, and still no joy.
Thanks,
Dave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Are you able to share the report?
Do you preview the report as HTML in the designer? Only HTML gives a summary about errors.
hulmea
I have the same issue. I gave up on the preview button and just use the View Report as html.
I would be interested in the answer as well so thanks for asking the question.
CBR
Is it just a specific report or do all your reports fail to preview in the designer?
hulmea
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cbrell'" data-cid="100144" data-time="1336568476" data-date="09 May 2012 - 06:01 AM"><p>
Is it just a specific report or do all your reports fail to preview in the designer?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
All my reports.
CBR
Can you check if you accidentially provide any value for preview server.
You can find that setting in menu Window-->Preferences
In that dialog Tab Report Design-->Preview-->Preview Server
Make sure that both text fields are empty. Otherwise the preview tab tries to contact the server using url provided in any of these fields.
hulmea
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cbrell'" data-cid="100147" data-time="1336569798" data-date="09 May 2012 - 06:23 AM"><p>
Can you check if you accidentially provide any value for preview server.<br />
You can find that setting in menu Window-->Preferences<br />
In that dialog Tab Report Design-->Preview-->Preview Server<br />
Make sure that both text fields are empty. Otherwise the preview tab tries to contact the server using url provided in any of these fields.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
They are empty for me. Using the view report as HTML is a valid work around for me right now. Thanks for looking at this.