Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding a second Page Header to a library Master Page
JanaF
Hi,
when I am using a Master Page from a library I cannot add any items but just change the appearance of existing items.
Is it possible to use 2 Page headers: One from the library which is the same for every report and another one below, which is specific for every report and can be changed (by adding items) in every a reportdesign?
Thank you in advance for your answers!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Not sure I'm understanding exactly what you're trying to do, but you should be able to add the elements from the library masterpage to your default masterpage, in your individual report. This way, the masterpage is still editable, but you get to use the reusable library elements too. If you're wanting a completely separate masterpage, with a different header, for certain pages of your report, you can simply create a new masterpage in your report and edit away. Let me know.
JanaF
Thank you for your response. <br />
<br />
What you described is exactly what I am trying to do. But to me it does not work:<br />
<br />
When I am trying to drag'n'drop a grid from the library's master page into my default masterpage (from the resource folder), I just get the error symbol (a circle with a diagonal line). I attached a screenshot, which shows how I tried to add the grid to the master page. What I am doing wrong? <br />
<br />
Thank you for your help,<br />
<br />
Jana<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="100245" data-time="1336668185" data-date="10 May 2012 - 09:43 AM"><p>
Not sure I'm understanding exactly what you're trying to do, but you should be able to add the elements from the library masterpage to your default masterpage, in your individual report. This way, the masterpage is still editable, but you get to use the reusable library elements too. If you're wanting a completely separate masterpage, with a different header, for certain pages of your report, you can simply create a new masterpage in your report and edit away. Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
What's your version? I'll take a closer look.
JanaF
I am using BIRT 3.7.2. on Windows 7 (32 bit). Thank you!
mwilliams
It appears that you cannot have header elements from a masterpage added to your design's default masterpage. I just tried. What you'll need to do is create a template, instead, that has a default header and then all you have to do is use this template when creating reports.
JanaF
Thank you for testing.
I am using a Template solution at the moment but it is inconvenient as I have to change every single report if the design of the header changes.
Have you got any other idea how to avoid this problem?
mwilliams
You could probably dynamically add a standard header to your report using Java. If you ever made changes to the header, you'd do so in the code and it would still affect all reports, like using a library. The only other thing I could suggest would be to log a bug/enhancement request in the eclipse.org/birt bugzilla to add the ability to use elements from a library masterpage in a design's default masterpage.