Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
display/hide parameter based on another parameter.
HSMorales
I have a report with three parameters.
1. System_ID
2. Employee_ID
3. Employee_Number
The report will be called from 2 different systems. (ABC and XYZ)
The system calling the report will send the first parameter System_ID a default value (either 'ABC' or 'XYZ' )
If System_ID = 'ABC' then I want the other 2 parameters hidden (They have default values) , else I want them to be not hidden so user can change them.
Parameters 2 and 3 are input parameters to a stored procedure.
How can I do this ?? Thanks
Birt 3.7.0
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Creating your own JSP parameter page with the tag library might be the way to go to do this.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2.2-birt-tag-library/
Erebel55
I am trying to do something similar to this..basically I want certain parameter prompts to appear only when a certain option is selected from parameter one.
My normal deployment process for birt reports is to just upload the .rptdesign file. If I make the custom changes like you outlined above^ would the deployment process be more complicated then this?
mwilliams
If you make a custom parameter page for a report, you'd just have to place the jsp page out there, as well. It will call the design when you submit the parameters. You should be able to use javascript to show parameters only when another is selected. Let me know if you run into issues.