Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VisualAnnotate : toolbar disabled. stamp doesnt sh
srvijayanandh
Hi,
When i click on the "View Annotations" link in the VA generated email, it opens up a window with the current file. But the VA toolbar doesnt show up the stamp, also the other icons like text, note, pen are disabled.
what might be the reason??
thanks
Vijay
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I haven't played around with Visual Annotate too much, but if memory serves me correctly, I think the first time you bring up the browser you have to go through the browser's View > Toolbars menu to "enable" or "turn on" the Visual Annotate toolbar.
I think it will come up enabled after that (might check the documentation too).
If that doesn't work, post again, and hopefully someone with more experience using Visual Annotate will be able to assist you.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
LXFImages.dcpackage.zip
output.zip
output.pdf
srvijayanandh
thanks for the response fish, but my problem is not that im not able to see the VA toolbar.
Im getting the VA Toolbar, but the icons or buttons in the toolbar come disabled. Kindly refer to the screen shot of the browser window.
U can see the "Done" button (in case of author mail) is missing and also the note, text,.. buttons are disabled.
thanks
Migrateduser
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having a similar problem, I think. I'm using one of the configurable workflows and I have VA enabled. When I have a review task, and I click on the View and Annotate link in the email, I log in, then I get the file in a browser window but all the VA buttons are not active. There is a message on the toolbar that says "You must login before you can review this file." But I am logged in!!!
Adam Stoller
Try disabling / re-enabling the VA toolbar in your browser after it comes up.
Also - make sure you don't have a google toolbar enabled. I seem to recall that there were interaction problems with the two toolbars.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks for your help but that didn't work. Still no active VA buttons...and still the login message.
I've submitted a case on this. I'm wondering if it's an AIX issue.
Migrateduser
Log into TeamSite as the owner of the task. If the task is active, clicking on the link in the email should allow you to review and annotate the task files (provided, of course, that you are using the configurable workflow with VA enabled, or another VA-enabled worklfow).
If the job has ended or the task is no longer active, those links might not work anymore.
Michelle Neuringer
Interwoven Engineer
Migrateduser
What happens if you select 'Refresh Menu', from the 'My ContentCenter' menu on the toolbar? Does the toolbar still think you're not logged in?
Also, are you accessing your TeamSite server using 2 different names (e.g.,
http://myserver
vs.
http://myserver.mycompany.com
)?
Michelle Neuringer
Interwoven Engineer
Connector Issue.doc
milind
Hi All,
Has any one got the solution for this ?
I am also getting all the buttons disabled.
How can I debug or make them work.
Does it has to do anything with JVM for IE ?
In the training the instructor had asked us to use MS JVM.
But now I have found that MS JVM has been taken back because of legal issues.
I m using TeamSite 6.1, solaris 5.8
Client : WinXp SP2 , IE 6.0 ,
Regards
Milind
milind
I am getting a error " This is not part of review process. Click the 'Reviews' button to view a list of previous snapshots."
What is the significance of this, can any one tell ?
Is there any documentation on the devnet or support site which can explain working of Visual Annotates ?
Thanks & Regards
Milind
reddyl
Check the owner of the review task and the logged in user reviewing using VA should be the same user.
milind
Hi,
The owner and the user logged in are same.
I am using TeamSite6.1, solaris5.8
I followed the below steps to test the visual annotates.
In ccpro browse to a folder
1)Selected a html file
2)Clicked on "Actions->Assign"
3)Selected Author
4)Started the job.
5)The author created a file and attached it to a task and sent back to the job creator
6)When job creator tries to review it, the visual annotates is disabled.
Regards
Milind
reddyl
I could abel to configure the out of the box workflow with VisualAnnotate on TeamSite 6.1 Solaris 5.8. I am not sure why VA does not work in your environment, is it possible to post the job specification file to abel to help solve the issue.
milind
Hi,
I got the mistake.
I was trying to annotate a file selected while assigning a task.
When i trried to annotate a file, which was attached later on by an author, all the VA buttons were enabled.
My next question is, if an author himself wants to start a workflow and attach a file created by him, how can we make that file a part of review process
so tht the reviewer can annotate it..
Thanks for the help !
Regards
Milind
Nissan
The Visual Annotate toolbar has to be installed by an administrator(If you have administrator access for your box then try reinstalling it) i had the same problem and since i did not have admin access for my box, my building admin did the instalation for me and it worked. So, try that may be it might work.
Nissan
I had the same problem too. I got it solved now. You will have to have administrator access on your box for visual annotate installation. Try logging into your box as an administrator or ask your LAN Admin to log in and install it for you. Thats when it started working for me. Hope this helps.
milind
Hii,
Thanks for the hint.
In my case I have administrator rights, so not an issue.
I could solve the problem, in my case the content originator and reviewer were same and thts why VA was not working.
Regards
Milind
kahern
Our administrator installed VA on our machines. Out of 8 people I am the only one who can use VA but I can't save my changes. Everyone else is having the toolbar disabled problem. We've tried all the suggestions listed. Anything new?