Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Excel does not display chart with localization
saianji
Hi Experts,
I am using open source birt to implement reports module in my web application.I am using birt2.5 version and tribix emitters to export chart to excel.It is working fine in english environment and not displaying chart in the excel in other locale(korean).Can anybody help, why is it not working with other locale?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Where are you changing the locale? Can you create an example using the sample database showing the issue? Is it just the XLS output? Or are all outputs incorrect. Let me know.
saianji
Hi Williams,
Thanks for the reply.
I am using scripted datasource and displaying the report as outstream in jsp.In report design template i added resources file and mpped corresponding labels.Locale inforamtion i am passing to the engine api and setitng like follow:
IRunAndRenderTask task = birtReportEngine.createRunAndRenderTask(ireportrunnable);
task.setAppContext(map);
task.setLocale((Locale) map.get("locale"));
EXCELRenderOption options = new EXCELRenderOption();
options.setOutputFormat("xls");
options.setOutputStream(outStream);
task.setRenderOption(options);
task.run();
task.close();
I am able to see korean fonts in the generated xls but image is missing.
mwilliams
Oh. I see. I misunderstood. It's not displaying the chart at all. Can you try using this XLS emitter, instead?
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/marketplace/app-showcase/?app=102
Maybe you'll have a better result. Let me know.
saianji
Hi Michael,
Thanks for reply.
The problem was in QA environment where they did not update the birt engine that i modified by removing default excel emitters and added tribix emitter.They added tribix emitter but not removed default one.After removing that it is working fine.
mwilliams
Ah. Great! Glad it's working, now! Let us know whenever you have questions!