Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Hiding replicant header with FormAPI
martina
I have a DCT with replicant fields which I would like to hide completely. My FormAPI works fine on hiding the content of the replicant fields. I am using a loop plus item.setVisible(false). However, the controls to move replicants up and down, add new one, remove - stay displayed along with the name of the replicant field.
Is there a way other than creating and hiding a parent element to hide replicants along with the controls?
Martina
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jumjum
Martiana,
How are you hiding the replicants? If you can provide an example that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jum
mogoo
Did you ever figure this out? I'm running into the same problem.
thanks,
maureen
syim
I am having the same problem as well. Does anyone know how to hide a replicant header in addition to the child elements, so I can prevent users from adding replicant items?
Michael
I believe you can do it if you setVisible on the replicant container.
So instead of trying to hide the items such as
/replicantName[0]/itemName
just try hiding the item
/replicantName
hth
Cheers
Michael
syim
What if I only want to make this replicat be visible to certain users only? Is there a way to restrict only some users from seeing a replicant using FormAPI?
I know the <allow> tag in datacapture.cfg can specify which user is allowed to access an item. Is there something similar in FormAPI?
Thanks
Michael
You can use IWDatacapture.getUser(); to get the user id. And then take action according to that.
hth
Cheers
Michael
syim
Cool, it works. Thanks a lot.