Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Excel on IBM AIX
eliac
Dear BIRT gurus,
I have installed BIRT engine on several application servers and I have integrated within my application the BIRT native excel emitter. The reports are well generated and the excel as well.
But I have on major issue that is whenever i deploy the BIRT engine on a WAS server(webSphere) on an IBM AIX machine, everything runs smoothly except the Excel generation that generates 0 bytes file size.
Anyone has faced a similar issue?
I will be thankful for any answer.
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eliac
After Several Troubleshooting, I found out the issue and I would like to share the fix with you.
The issue comes from the org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.xls.ExcelWriter in the native xls jars.
The trick is to add to the end() method the below line of code
if ( tempFilePath != null ){
File file = new File( tempFilePath );
if ( file.exists( ) && file.isFile( ))
file.delete( );
}
the above code will delete the temporary files on the servers (common for all BIRT environment no matter what the server type is) this will prevent to have a full memory and prevent Excel execution.
To note that this issue only occurs when adding the native xls jars to your code. The emitter included with BIRT 3.7 already has the fix but it cannot export images.
Cheers