Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Way to get a direct URL for an image or word document stored on the server
gdittmar
Hi all,
I am needing to build a report that has a link to a word document or some other kind of document which people on the dashboard can view. I know how to do this but I am more curious how I need to setup the link in the report so it pulls the document from my onDemand hosting, say I save reports in a shared folder. Is there a way to say grab the direct url, or relative url for where the linked document is stored? Is this possible or would these need to be linked somewhere else?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi gdittmar,<br />
You can set up a hyperlink in your report using either of these urls:<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li>
https://<instancename>.birtondemand.com/iportal/servlet/DownloadFile?name=/Resources/FileName.doc</li><li>servlet/DownloadFile?name=/Resources/FileName.doc</li></ul>
;
<br />
The second link is a relative URL and would work if you are signed in.