Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Is there a limit for databindings and/or visibility statement ?
LeinadJan
Hello everybody,
I really got a strange problem while I'm building a report with BIRT (2.1.1). On my Windows Working Station the report is always generating without any problems. But the same file is not working on my BIRT server which is running on LINUX.
It seems to be a databinding and a visibility problem because those are the differences between a working version and a version who send a java.lang.OutOfMemoryException when generating the file in the response.
Now, every where I'm adding a single databinding to a field it stop working on the server. It doesn't matter where I put it.
Do you have any idea ?
I have join a small excerpt from my report, that part that seems to have problems. I don't understand what is wrong. Each HTML statements must appear if a checkbox is checked inside our application. But that whole part is not working on the server. Thought it works on my workstation.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you give a bit more detail on when you add a single binding to a field? Are you creating a binding on a data element or a table? Is your runtime the same version as your designer?
Jason
LeinadJan
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="101130" data-time="1337625234" data-date="21 May 2012 - 11:33 AM"><p>
Can you give a bit more detail on when you add a single binding to a field? Are you creating a binding on a data element or a table? Is your runtime the same version as your designer?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Jason,<br />
<br />
I was talking about data elements placed on a grid or HTML elements with databinding to enable me to make those HTML elements dissappear. I don't need a table element at those place since there is always a single row of data for my primary key.<br />
<br />
After testing my report in HTML output on the Linux server, I notice that it's working. It's only when I choose the PDF output that it stop working.<br />
<br />
Thank you !<br />
<br />
<br />
Leinad
JasonW
The reason I asked about the binding is that when you bind a data set to an item it will run your dataset. So if you 5 data items each bound to the same dataset it is going to run multiple times. This is not an issue in later versions of BIRT because of caching but I believe was an issue in 2.1.1. In later versions of BIRT you can also bind the grid to a data set. I do not remember if 2.1.1 supports this. What app server are you using on Linux? Do you set this java option -XX:MaxPermSize=256m?
Jason
LeinadJan
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="101185" data-time="1337716862" data-date="22 May 2012 - 01:01 PM"><p>
The reason I asked about the binding is that when you bind a data set to an item it will run your dataset. So if you 5 data items each bound to the same dataset it is going to run multiple times. This is not an issue in later versions of BIRT because of caching but I believe was an issue in 2.1.1. In later versions of BIRT you can also bind the grid to a data set. I do not remember if 2.1.1 supports this. What app server are you using on Linux? Do you set this java option -XX:MaxPermSize=256m?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Jason,<br />
<br />
it is the problem indeed. We made some tests with a new server with more memory and it works well. So with an higher maximum for the JVM's memory stack it will fix our problems.<br />
<br />
Thank you <br />
<br />
Leinad