Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can't Create reports with report engine bat
Ap?stolo
Hello,
I'm not shure if I'm in the right topic, if that's the case I'm sorry.
I've successfully designed BIRT reports. Now I want to create automatic scheduled reports, for that I tried to use report engine.
I've done every step of the readme file.
But when I do:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\birt-runtime-3_7_2\ReportEngine>genReport.bat -f PDF -o report.pdf Ensacadoras2.rptdesign
It gives me the following output:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/birt/repo
rt/engine/api/ReportRunner
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.
ReportRunner
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.
Program will exit.
I tried to download org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.jar but still nothing,
Can Anyone help me??
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Ap?stolo,
Are you sure you have set up environment variable BIRT_HOME correctly? This variable is used by the script to construct the classpath that points to all the *.jar files needed to execute the report design.
Ap?stolo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="100635" data-time="1337276110" data-date="17 May 2012 - 10:35 AM"><p>
Hi Ap?stolo,<br />
Are you sure you have set up environment variable BIRT_HOME correctly? This variable is used by the script to construct the classpath that points to all the *.jar files needed to execute the report design.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I think I did. <br />
<br />
I have two "Birt" Directories I've the Birt Designer which works well and I can generate the PDF by using the view report of the menu bar.<br />
<br />
Then I've downloaded Birt runtime all in one 3.7.2 which as the ReportEngine and followed the septs in the readme file:<br />
<br />
Running the BIRT Engine in Console<br />
<br />
In order to run the BIRT engine in command you should:<br />
<br />
1. set BIRT_HOME to the directory where BIRT Report Runtime Package is extracted.<br />
2. enter into $BIRT_HOME/ReportEngine folder.<br />
2. generate the report by run <br />
genReport ****.rptdesign <br />
****.rptdesign is the design file. if the design file is in the current directory, you have to specify it by .\****.rptdesign<br />
<br />
First I tried my rptdesign file which did not work then I tried the sample/hello_world.rptdesign and the output is the same
mwilliams
Type these 3 commands into the command line to run the hello_world design:
set BIRT_HOME=c:\birtRuntime
cd c:\birtRuntime\ReportEngine
genReport samples/Hello_World.rptdesign