Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Publishing To iServer from Designer Pro - No HTTPS?
chip
Hi Everyone,<br />
<br />
We have an iServer that is set up for https / port 443.<br />
<br />
I want to publish some report designs to the iServer from BIRT Designer Professional (BDP).<br />
<br />
To do that, I need to define a new iServer Profile in the iServer Explorer window in BDP. <br />
<br />
When I enter the URL for our iServer in the iServer Profile dialog, it prefixes it with http (not http<strong class='bbc'>s</strong> - which is what I need).<br />
<br />
How can you get BIRT Design Professional to allow you to define an iServer Profile that has an http<strong class='bbc'>s</strong> URL?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
chip
Hi Everyone,
Please disregard this question - I have discovered another way that this is supposed to be done.
Thanks
phil_meta
Hi,
Can you explain how you do because I have the same problem.
Thx
chip
Hi Phil,
I am a "newbie" too - so I guess we are all in the same boat
We decided not to use the publish functionality of BIRT Design Pro to push reports and datadesigns up to the iServer.
We could not accept the risk of transferring confidential data over HTTP - I am surprised the BIRT Folks have not dealt with this by adding HTTPS to the iServer definition screen...it's seems like that would be pretty simple to do.
Since we couldn't push from BDP, we decided to pull from iServer:
We log into the information console and import the files we need into the Resources folder.
It's a clumsy way to do things - but not difficult.
See attached file for view of information console and how-to.
phil_meta
Hi,
I'm effectivly in the same situation and use the same method. It's really not diffcult but also not efficient.
Phil