Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Name the sheet in excel
RepBIRT
Kindly let me know, how to name the excel sheet from the reports
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Yaytay
There are lots of different Excel emitters, and each seems to use a different approach for naming sheets.
Which emitter are you using?
Jim
RepBIRT
Using the default provided by BIRT
Yaytay
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'RepBIRT'" data-cid="101393" data-time="1338227794" data-date="28 May 2012 - 10:56 AM"><p>
Using the default provided by BIRT<br /></p></blockquote>
From a quick check of the source I <em class='bbc'>think</em> that the only actions it takes about the sheet name are to use the report title for the first sheet name and then to suffix that with a number for subsequent sheet names.<br />
<br />
If you want more control any of the alternative Excel emitters will give you complete control (I think the Native Excel Emitter does, but I'm not sure. I know the others do).<br />
Other Excel emitters are: Arctorus (commercial); SpudSoft (mine); Native (small modifications to the built in); Tribix.<br />
They all have their merits except Tribix (I'm happy with the Tribix PPT emitter, but I wouldn't use the Tribix Excel one).<br />
<br />
Jim