Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report with many fields
madhur
Hi,
I want to create a report which contains about 15 - 20 fields(columns). I normally use tables to create reports..But the width(Landsacape) is not enough to create a table with 15 columns.
Can some one please tell me a better approach to this.
Is there a way to show them in two rows?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Hi,
you have two options:
1) Add a page break behind a column (you can do that by selecting a column and the Page Break section in the property editor. Just set After: Always to add a page break after the selected column)
2) Show data in multiple rows. You can multiply any column of a table by selecting the table and doing a right click on the icon that looks like a pad of notepaper in front of the row that you want to multiply. Just choose insert row below or above to add a row of the same type (table header, table detail, table footer,...) to the table. Once you have two detail rows you can rearrange the data fields accrondingly.
madhur
Thanks cbrell :-)
1. In the first option, lets say my report has entries for 4 pages. Then I'll be seeing the columns which I put after the page break, from on page 5. Is that right?
2.I think I'll go for the second option. :-) As I need to print them in pdf also I think it's better to show all the columns at same page.
Thanks again.
CBR
Hi,<br />
<br />
i agree with you that it is better to show data of one record on the same page.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>Then I'll be seeing the columns which I put after the page break, from on page 5. Is that right?</p></blockquote>
That's correct.<br />
<br />
Another option is to change the page size. But that's not a real option if you want your report to be printed out on paper.