Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Are HTML reports to refer to an image file somewhere outside
AlexAD
Hello.
I have jUnit tests generating html reports on a build machine.
If I were to copy that reports to my local machine I couldn't see them, obviously, because html reports point to the image files generated on the build machine. To workaround this I might be storing image files on a dedicated server but it is also not very convenient as the server might go down, be unavailable from a client machine.
Is there a way where images could be sort of bundled into html reports to eliminate that problem?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Hi,
HTML supports inline images by encoding the image using base64 and storing the base64 encoded string into the HTML file. Modern web browsers support this mechanism but you may be unlucky using some older versions of IE.
Jason has a dev share entry that shows how to use this feature in BIRT:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1440-base64-imagehandler/
It has all information for you to implement this feature in BIRT using an public extension point of BIRT.
Let me know if you have any questions
Christian
CBR
To learn more about the corresponding HTML feature have a look at the wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme