Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table of Content
Lumar
Hello BIRT-Team,
I have following question:
I created a report in BIRT for which I want to add a table of content. Therefore I selected some Parts of the Report and give them a name under "table of contents".
Now I can see the table of content if I create a PDF.
But I have only one level in the table of content. I need a second one. How can I do this?
I want:
+First Level
-Second Level
I got:
-First Level
-Second Level
thank you in advance for your help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Hi Lumar,
BIRT will nest the toc automatically, so there is no way to nest it yourself.
The mechanism that BIRT follows is the same as in your report. If an element causing a TOC entry is inside of a parent element having a TOC entry the elements TOC entry will be placed as a child of the parents TOC entry.
That means that you have to build your report accordingly if you want a specific layout for your TOC.
I normally use grids or tables to define top level entries.
One last thing that is to know:
If you have a TOC entry for a whole table, another TOC entry for a table group and a TOC entry for a detail row it will cause a TOC entry like following:
TABLE
-GROUP1
--detail1
--detail2
--...
-GROUP2
...
hope this helps
Christian