Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help with Groups
JDD22
Help, I'm a BIRT Beginner.
I have a ClearQuest record type named "System" that contains two referenced lists:
Defect_List
Enhancement_List
My Data Set includes the System Record information and contents from both referenced lists.
I'd like to print the following in a BIRT Report:
1. Group on System Record and display it's ID #
2. For each Sytem Record ID, I'd like to display a table of all Defects from the System record's Defect_List (I've been using a group on the Defect ID#).
3. Below the Defect Table, I'd liked to display all the Enhancement from the System record's Enhancement_List (I've been using a group on the Enhancement ID#)
I can successfully display steps 1 & 2, but I can't seem to get the third group of records (enhancements) to display beneath the table. I either get a subset of enhancements for each Defect or they all appear at the end of the report.
Any help would be very much appreciated as this has whipped me.
Thanks. JDD22
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Your best bet will probably be to group your table by System Record, then embed separate tables for Defects and Enhancements in the group footer. You'll limit the embedded tables by a filter or by using dataSet parameter binding, passing the outer table ID to the inner table's filter or to the inner table's query via the parameter. Let me know your BIRT version and I can make an example of what I'm talking about, if you need me to.