I am trying to create a custom security adapter, and have a couple of questions. We are using version 11.3
I find two different examples
1.
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/R11SP3/mc/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=customizing-ip/iPortal-security.13.07.html
This one extends com.actuate.iportal.security.iPortalSecurityAdapter
2.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=Security_Integration_with_the_Actuate_BIRT_Viewers
This one seems to extend com.actuate.iportal.security.LocalSecurityAdapter
Question 1: Which one do i use? I am currently using LocalSecurityAdapter,
Question 2: When i code the authenticate method like the code below and a user logs into IConsole (No matter the userid typed in the login) they are logged in as auser, so I know I am getting to this method.
@Override
public boolean authenticate(HttpServletRequest req) throws AuthenticationException
{
//userName="auser";
//password="apaswword";
//return true;
I am looking to use cookie auth like example2 above, and I am confused as to how this would work when logging into iConsole via the iConsole login screen?
Question 3: I was unable to get the cookie thing to work when launching a report using iViewer from a custom web page, my first guess is the cookie domain might need to be set in the web.xml? could this be my issue?
Question 4: How can I log from my custom security adapter class? I tried logging using java.util.logging.Logger, the class seems to run, but nowhere do I see any logs.
I am new to both java and Birt so these might be simple answers for somebody out there.
Thanks
Mark