Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PostgreSQL text encoding problem in BIRT
Tubal
Hi all. I've got a strange problem and wondering if anyone has run into it before.
I've got a report that runs a postgresql (plpgsql) function that imports a text file, parses it, and exports a result to a new text file.
If I run the function in psql or pgAdmin, I have no problems. But if I run the function in a BIRT dataset, the function returns an error (not a BIRT error, but an SQL error):
22021: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xf6206f72
I realize this is an encoding issue (importing a bad character into my postgresql table) but I'm wondering why it only errors if it runs inside of BIRT.
Would it be a JDBC driver issue? It doesn't seem like the jdbc connection would ever touch the text imported into the database. All it does is run the function that imports it, and returns a result (success, failure, etc). It doesn't ever see the data.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet