Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Apply Union for creating dataset for csv files
Rajan_Arx
Let say I can create the dataset by joining two result set as shown below :
select CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNUMBER
,CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNAME
from CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS
where CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNUMBER = 103
union
select CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNUMBER
,CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNAME
from CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS
where CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNUMBER = 112
But when I am doing similar stuff with csv files having same schema, I am getting error.
"select FnName from guptas_VirNote_1_20120424210321_report_6_11.csv
union select FnName from guptas_VirNote_1_20120424210321_report_6_1.csv "
the csv file FnName as first column and first row of csv file Name contains the column Name.
How can I create data set by joining two csv data ? Appreciate your help .
Rajan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could use a scripted dataSet to union them. You might also be able to use the flat file aggregator ODA that was entered in the "Plug In 2 BIRT" contest:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1503-multi-flat-file-aggregator/
Hope this helps.
Rajan_Arx
Please share any example of scripted Data Set to join 2 csv.
Thanks for your help.