Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PermGen Space issue with Birt v2.5.2
saianji
Hi Experts,
I am using birt v2.5.2 to develop reports.In our QA environment, when they are doing soak tests with 512mb perm gen space by continuously generating report for every 2 minutes, getting perm gen out of memeory error.
By going through forums, we came to know that there will be inprovement if we use birt v3.7.2 and planning to upgrade birt version.
is it a solution to upgrade birt version or anything else i have to try.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Are you using Scripted Data Sets in your reports? Most memory leaks in 2.5.x and 2.6 are caused by Scripted Data Sets.
Were you able to find the root cause?
saianji
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
We are using script data sources.We are not able to find out the root cause.
will upgrading birt version solve the issue?
Regards
Yaytay
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'saianji'" data-cid="101408" data-time="1338292822" data-date="29 May 2012 - 05:00 AM"><p>
will upgrading birt version solve the issue?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I take it you are using the OSGi reporting engine via the API?<br />
<br />
We had perm gen leaks with that in v2.5.2, changing to the POJO engine in v3.7 fixed them.<br />
I haven't used the OSGi engine in v3.7.2, so I can't say whether that is also better.<br />
<br />
Jim