Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to create a new Report
Lumar
Hello BIRT Friends,
I installed BIRT Eclipse last week.
1) Now I wanted to create a new "Report" but i wasn?t able to do it because I couldn't see the "New Report" Button.
2) I also could't change the view to "Report Designer" View.
How can I fix these two Problems?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
brittonxem
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Lumar'" data-cid="101411" data-time="1338295126" data-date="29 May 2012 - 05:38 AM"><p>
Hello BIRT Friends,<br />
I installed BIRT Eclipse last week. <br />
1) Now I wanted to create a new "Report" but i wasn?t able to do it because I couldn't see the "New Report" Button. <br />
2) I also could't change the view to "Report Designer" View.<br />
How can I fix these two Problems?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br /></p></blockquote>
New report:<br />
File-->New-->Other...<br />
Under Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools, highlight Report then click Next and step through the wizard.<br />
<br />
Report designer view:<br />
Window-->Open Perspective-->Other...<br />
Highlight Report Design then click OK.<br />
The next time you open eclipse, it will start with the last perspective you had open when you close it.<br />
<br />
--Britton
Lumar
First, Thank you.
That?s the way I did it in my last BIRT version. But in the newest Version "Eclipse SDK Version: 3.7.2" it doesn't work that way.
I cannot find "Report Designer View" nor the "New Report".
Is it possible that within changing the version these two parts don't contain to BIRT anymore?
brittonxem
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Lumar'" data-cid="101459" data-time="1338360893" data-date="29 May 2012 - 11:54 PM"><p>
First, Thank you.<br />
That?s the way I did it in my last BIRT version. But in the newest Version "Eclipse SDK Version: 3.7.2" it doesn't work that way. <br />
<br />
I cannot find "Report Designer View" nor the "New Report".<br />
<br />
Is it possible that within changing the version these two parts don't contain to BIRT anymore?<br /></p></blockquote>
BIRT is not included in the base Eclipse installs. It sounds like BIRT is not installed in your instance.