Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filtering Data Set programatically
abdullahs
Hi,
I am new to BIRT. Just saw that it has a Data Set filtering feature, using which we can filter the data even after we retrieving it from database.
I want to know if there is any way we can use this filtering feature programatically. So lets say I have a list of maps and I want to apply filtering on this collection ? I can even provide the data in some specific object/format if required by the filtering API.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you give a bit more detail? If I wanted to filter a map I would access it in a scripted data source and get my results and apply the filter to the dataset.
Jason
abdullahs
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="101489" data-time="1338427657" data-date="30 May 2012 - 06:27 PM"><p>
Can you give a bit more detail? If I wanted to filter a map I would access it in a scripted data source and get my results and apply the filter to the dataset.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks Jason. I am not trying to create a report, what I want to do is I have some in memory data (say a list of maps) and I want to apply filter to this data and get the filtered results.<br />
<br />
Its nothing to do with report, but I saw that BIRT has filter API so thought if I could use it for filtering data in my java applicaton.
JasonW
Understood. I know you do not want to create a report but you could and then run it and extract the data using a data extraction task. You would never have to output it.
Jason
abdullahs
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="101532" data-time="1338502688" data-date="31 May 2012 - 03:18 PM"><p>
Understood. I know you do not want to create a report but you could and then run it and extract the data using a data extraction task. You would never have to output it.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Got it. I will try this. Thanks