Hi,<br />
<br />
I have a XML file which contains my data to output a report. The XML file contains one block with a list of labels and a list of "line" which represents the datas I have to output.<br />
<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<document>
<totals>
<total ID="hb058d5a2d043bf9">
<Level>1</Level>
<Label>Total 1 - 00123</Label>
<Attrib/>
</total>
<total ID="hb058d5a2d043c05">
<Level>1</Level>
<Label>Tot 1 - 197400</Label>
<Attrib/>
</total>
...
</totals>
...
<line>
<TotLvL1>hb058d5a2d043bf9</TotLvL1>
<Label>bob</Label>
<Quantity>.5</Quantity>
</line>
<line>
<TotLvL1>hb058d5a2d043c05</TotLvL1>
<BirtTotLvL2>hb058d5a2d043bfa</BirtTotLvL2>
<Label>tim</Label>
<Quantity>.1</Quantity>
</line>
...
</document>
</pre>
<br />
<br />
So the row mapping of my dataset is :<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>//line</pre>
<br />
I want to get document->totals->total ID="{value of TotLvL1 of the current row}"->Label.<br />
<br />
So I wrote the following XPath expressions:<br />
<br />
To get a reference value for column "TotLvL1" I have <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>/TotLvL1</pre>
To extract the label of this value I have <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>/../totals/total[ID@={?TotLvL1?}]/Label</pre>
<br />
I based my guess on <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/release20specs/BPS23-XmlDataSourceSpec.pdf'>birt spec (pdf)</a> page 8, "3.6.2 Data Set Parameter Example".<br />
<br />
<br />
Does someone have an idea what's wrong in my expression?<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.