<strong class='bbc'>Short question:</strong><br />
<br />
I've a group that could change grouping condition in runtime (see details in long question below). Could I show in the group header/footer current value of the group (e.g. group by branch - show branch name, group by client - client name etc.)?<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Long question:</strong><br />
<br />
I would like to allow my users to change grouping conditions on the fly. I could relatively easy achieve this in two ways:<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbcol decimal'><li>Via BIRT design time API (pass to group appropriate row/dataset column value).</li><li>Via report parameters. Pass dataset column name as param value and in group condition use it like</li></ul>
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>eval(params["groupColumnName"].value)</pre>
<br />
My problem is that I must show value of current group in group header (and nice to repeat it in the group footer too).<br />
<br />
I have no idea how to accomplish that for option 1. (design time API).<br />
<br />
For option 2. I could repeat Java script from 2. in group header/footer, but it's not what I would like to achieve. I don't wish to repeat that cumbersome java script 2-3 times. Could I somehow define that value at group level (something like named query for the group) and later reuse it in group condition, header and footer?<br />
<br />
Possible BIRT allows by group name show current value of grouping?<br />
<br />
Any thoughts are welcome.<br />
<br />
Crossposted to <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10847451/birt-show-current-grouping-value-in-group-header-footer-for-dynamic-group'>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10847451/birt-show-current-grouping-value-in-group-header-footer-for-dynamic-group</a>