Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
table-in-table
Cerfy
Greetings.
I couldn't find any good solution for creating table in table (data set in data set)
I use scripted data source, where scripts get required data from xml in fetch script of data set. Some parent node has several child nodes. I need to draw every child node for each parent one. So basicly i need to create table in a table. But birt cannot pass some variable to its children?
It seems that it draws firstly all parent rows and then draws child ones? Thus, all child tables see only the variable created in last row of parent.
I did hack it, by creating a dynamic text in parent's row, which gets the needed variable. (looks ugly). + i cannot use fetch scripts in children then. they are all the same as the first one. (didn't undestand why is that).
So is there a better way of solving this?
Thanks.
PS. 3.7.2 birt.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Cerfy
solution found actually
we found that data set has input parameters in its properties, which can be set in table data bindings.
mwilliams
Great! Glad you found a solution! Let us know whenever you have questions!