Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Export to Microsoft Word DOC from BIRT problem
Dejan8888
Hi,<br />
<br />
I previously had a problem with Cyrillic letters (they have not been pretty displayed ) to be shown in PDF when I export it from Maximo.<br />
I solved it. So I changed fontsConfig.xml and fontsConfig_pdf.xml files!<br />
<br />
I changed mapping in them:<br />
<mapping name="serif" font-family="Arial Unicode MS" /> to Arial Unicode MS<br />
and also encoding (this is for Cyrillic letters)<br />
<encoding font-family="Arial Unicode MS" encoding="Cp1251" /><br />
<br />
and also some composite font<br />
<font font-family="Arial Unicode MS" catalog="Western" /><br />
<br />
I changed this in this both files and now pdf is displayed correctly.<br />
<br />
But now I have problem to export it to doc Microsoft Word:<br />
when i export it in word non English letters are shown as little squares.<br />
Font selected by default and presented in word is Lucida Sans Typewriter.If I manually select text in Word and then change font to Arial Unicode MS text is displayed OK.<br />
<br />
So which file do I have to change for correct Word document when exporting from Maximo?<br />
<br />
Is it only fontsConfig_linux.xml???Or and fontsConfig-win32?<br />
<br />
I tried to put Arial Unicode Ms instead on Lucida Sans Typewriter on every place (balded ones below) but then I am getting format error corrupted document, and file is not opened!!! Now and my pdf is not opened.<br />
I changed fontsConfig-linux file (I suppose this is for Word files?)<br />
<br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br />
<font><br />
<font-aliases><br />
<mapping name="serif" font-family="<strong class='bbc'>Arial Unicode MS</strong>" /><br />
<mapping name="sans serif" font-family="Lucida Sans" /><br />
<mapping name="monospace" font-family="<strong class='bbc'>Arial Unicode MS</strong>" /><br />
<mapping name="cursive" font-family="<strong class='bbc'>Arial Unicode MS</strong>" /><br />
<mapping name="fantasy" font-family="<strong class='bbc'>Arial Unicode MS</strong>" /><br />
</font-aliases><br />
<composite-font name="all-fonts" default="<strong class='bbc'>Arial Unicode MS</strong>"><br />
<font font-family="<strong class='bbc'>Arial Unicode MS</strong>" catalog="Western" /><br />
<font font-family="ZYSong18030" catalog="Chinese" /><br />
<font font-family="Baekmuk Batang" cataalog="Korean" /><br />
<font font-family="Kochi Mincho" catalog="Japanese" /><br />
<br />
</composite-font><br />
</font><br />
<br />
<br />
What do I have to change for correct word document export? And which files- fontsConfig_linux or...?<br />
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dejan8888
Can someone please help me with this?
mwilliams
So, if you change the above config file to use Arial Unicode MS instead of Lucida Sans, you get errors? Have you tried different combinations of which ones you change? Like, only change the mapping ones and not the composite font ones? etc?
Dejan8888
Hi,
thanks for reply and effort I really need help for this.
Firstly I didn't change it to Arial Unicode and then I could open my document but all letters except for English ones, was displayed as little squares.
Does for correct Word format it is only enough to change fontConfig_linux? Why when I changed this to Arial_Unicode my PDF file also can not be opened? Like the change in this file also effects and PDF export which I finally managed to set. But how then to set font for correct WORD document? It is not problem on the WORD side because when I select text and change it manually in Arial Unicode WORD everything is OK.
If fontConfig linux is not supposed to be changed where then I to change this to some format other from Lucida for WORD?
I tried three different combinations but without success-always getting error format error or doc corrupted.
Hope you can help me,regards!