Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report with hyperlink very slow
brittonxem
I have a simple report pulling data from a CSV file. The file has only three records in it currently. I have a computed column that builds up the correct URI string for the hyperlink. The "Preview Results" in the dataset editor returns the results immediately. So, reading the data from the CSV file is not an issue. I have a Label in the one table on the page. That label has the hyperlink on it. When I run the report, it takes almost a full minute to display the table. If I remove the hyperlink on the Label, the report shows the table immediately.
So, there is something about having the hyperlink that is causing the report to run extremely slow. Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas on how to fix it? Is the report attempting to verify the URIs?
TIA
--Britton
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Any way you can provide a sample that I can run showing this issue?
brittonxem
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="101973" data-time="1339007758" data-date="06 June 2012 - 11:35 AM"><p>
Any way you can provide a sample that I can run showing this issue?<br /></p></blockquote>
I've attached a ZIP with the rptdesign file and the CSV data file. NOTE: you will need to adjust the DataSource settings to point to wherever you put the CSV file.<br />
<br />
When you run the report, it takes a while to run.<br />
Then, remove the link on the "View files..." label and run the report again. It is super fast then.<br />
You can re-add the hyperlink to the label and the report is very slow again.<br />
<br />
Thank you for looking into this.<br />
--Britton
mwilliams
It appears to be something with the file:// hyperlink. If you change your computed column expression to be:
"
http://www.google.com/search?q="
; + row["Path"];
instead of what you have currently, it displays the report very quickly.
brittonxem
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="101983" data-time="1339013932" data-date="06 June 2012 - 01:18 PM"><p>
It appears to be something with the file:// hyperlink. If you change your computed column expression to be:<br />
<br />
"<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.google.com/search?q='>http://www.google.com/search?q="</a>
; + row["Path"];<br />
<br />
instead of what you have currently, it displays the report very quickly.<br /></p></blockquote>
That's all well and good but I need it to be a file:// link. Clicking the link opens up a folder on the server for the user to access the files within.<br />
What is BIRT doing and is there a way to turn it off? Again, it seems like it is attempting to verify the links when the report is being generated. I just want it to put the link in as defined and not worry about verifying them.
mwilliams
Ok. Try this, instead. Delete your label and use a HTML text box with this in the text box:
<a href="<VALUE-OF>row["LinkURL"]</VALUE-OF>">View Files</a>
Be sure to select HTML from the drop down at the top of the text box editor.
brittonxem
Terrific! That works!
Thanks!!!
mwilliams
You're welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions!