Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Static last page on a report
Arland
Hi, I'm new to BIRT reporting and we are using Eclipse 3.3.1.1 version. I have the following questions:
1) Do I need to put page 1 of x in the layout on the footer row or does it go on the master page?
2) I have a requirement to add static information about the report on the last page of the report. How do I do this?
Thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RichT
Hi,
1) Page x of y pages will go in the Footer of your Master Page(s). You can use the AutoText 'Page n of m' found in the Palette.
2) You can set a Page break on a report item. So maybe drop a Grid report item (as an example) as the last element in your report. Go to the Property Editor - Properties tab of the Grid and look for Page Break. In those settings set the Before to 'Always'
Hope that helps,
Rich
Arland
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'RichT'" data-cid="102023" data-time="1339088914" data-date="07 June 2012 - 10:08 AM"><p>
Hi,<br />
<br />
1) Page x of y pages will go in the Footer of your Master Page(s). You can use the AutoText 'Page n of m' found in the Palette.<br />
<br />
2) You can set a Page break on a report item. So maybe drop a Grid report item (as an example) as the last element in your report. Go to the Property Editor - Properties tab of the Grid and look for Page Break. In those settings set the Before to 'Always'<br />
<br />
Hope that helps,<br />
Rich<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I tried the solution for option 2 and it still does not place the information on a new page.<br />
I created a footer row and inserted a grid 2 X 3. Placed text in each grid and selected the grid icon.<br />
In the Properties under Page Break I set Before-> always.<br />
<br />
The information is displyed at the bottom of the data list and before the master page footer.<br />
<br />
What have I done wrong?
RichT
Hi,
Did you create the 2 X 3 grid in the Master Page or Layout? You've got the right idea, just make sure its in the Layout.
Also, side note, the page numbering in the Master Page will be applied to the last page. If you don't want it to you can create a second Master Page and in the same Page Break property for the grid you can select the second Master Page. I'm using BIRT 2.6 and I'm not sure how far back the multiple Master Pages go.
Let me know if that works,
Rich
Arland
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'RichT'" data-cid="102029" data-time="1339094403" data-date="07 June 2012 - 11:40 AM"><p>
Hi,<br />
<br />
Did you create the 2 X 3 grid in the Master Page or Layout? You've got the right idea, just make sure its in the Layout. <br />
<br />
Also, side note, the page numbering in the Master Page will be applied to the last page. If you don't want it to you can create a second Master Page and in the same Page Break property for the grid you can select the second Master Page. I'm using BIRT 2.6 and I'm not sure how far back the multiple Master Pages go.<br />
<br />
Let me know if that works,<br />
Rich<br /></p></blockquote>
Arland
Hi,
Fixed thank you