Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Link 2 datasets
HSMorales
I have 2 datasets that are based on stored procedures.
The First dataset has:
Employee_ID and Plan_Name.
The second dataset has:
Employee_ID, Plan_Name, Dependent1
Employee_ID, Plan_Name, Dependnet2
Employee_ID, Plan_Name, Dependent3
Employee_ID, Plan_Name, Dependent4
The second dataset may have any or all of Dep1, Dep2, ... for any Employee_ID and Plan_Name.
How can I link the 2 datasets, based on Employee_Id and Plan_Name, without using a merged datase. I am tying the report to an application that cannot handle a merged dataset.
I created a table for the first dataset, and I would like to display Dep1, Dep2, Dep3, and Dep4 under
the Plan_Name.
Thanks,
Henry Morales
BIRT 3.7.0
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could embed a table bound to the second dataSet into the table bound to the first dataSet.
HSMorales
How do i link the tables together by Employee_ID and Plan_Name ?
Table 1 has multiple Employee_Id's with their Plan_Name's
Table 2 has multiple Dependents for each Employee_ID, Plan_Name in Table 1.
Each table is binded to a seperate stored procedure.
mwilliams
If you group the outer table by Employee ID and by Plan Name, you can embed the second table in the footer of the inner group and then you can pass values from the outer table to the inner table's query using dataSet parameter binding.