Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grouping example
roslyn
Hi,
Iam using 3.7.1v n XML as datasource to create a report where, it has main tags as G_4(for Reps), G_1 (customers),G_2 (orders). I have used row mapping on G_2 n two groups Group1-group by reps n group2- by customers. This gives results for Reps which has values but not reps(has rep name but no customer values-empty tags). I want to display rep names even if it doesnt have values for G_1 n G_2.
My output should look something like:
Rep1(name)
Customer1(number,name)
order1(num,order,qty..)
order2..
Rep2
Rep3
customer2
order1
Can you please advise how to do this? I never used crosstabs before can we use crosstab for this..
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If a rep name isn't in the dataSet, if there are no customers or orders, then the rep will not show in your output. If you have a data source that has all the possible reps listed, you could bring that result set in and join it with your current result set and do your table groupings.
roslyn
Thanks williams,
Yes it worked with joint Dataset.
mwilliams
Great to hear! Let us know whenever you have questions!
roslyn
Hi Williams,
I have another query,
Can we group a table on conditions?
For Eg: if sort_id =1, we have to Group on Subinventory
and if sort_id= 2, Group on Category for same table.
Thanks in advance
roslyn
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'roslyn'" data-cid="105130" data-time="1340375998" data-date="22 June 2012 - 07:39 AM"><p>
Hi Williams,<br />
<br />
I have another query,<br />
Can we group a table on conditions?<br />
For Eg: if sort_id =1, we have to Group on Subinventory<br />
and if sort_id= 2, Group on Category for same table.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Please ignore.. I figure it out!
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. Glad you found a solution. Let us know whenever you have questions!