Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Vertical Page Position for Table Footers
bmac
I am working in BIRT 2.3.2 with Maximo. There is a requirement to place a block of data at the bottom of the last page of the report. The report is 1 to n pages long and the body has a variable number of variable size lines. The obvious place to put the data is in a table footer except I cannot force the footer to the bottom of the page. It sure would be nice if the table footer row "vertical alignment" pull down list had a bottom of page option.
I have tried every work around I can think of including custom master pages for the footer but nothing works very well. If I could find out the vertical position of the footer on the page, then dynamically change the footer height so it filled the remainder of the page, that would do the trick.
I have a feeling that, since I can specify page position in other report writers, this sort of thing should be possible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
bmac
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
The way I've done this is to compute the number of lines used, on the page, and then push the footer down with either extra footer rows or html line breaks.
bmac
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="102076" data-time="1339184822" data-date="08 June 2012 - 12:47 PM"><p>
The way I've done this is to compute the number of lines used, on the page, and then push the footer down with either extra footer rows or html line breaks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I can count "records" but since some of the fields wrap, I don't know how to count "lines". Is there any way to get the page position after the last detail line and before the footer is rendered?
mwilliams
I approximated lines by the number of characters in a record, when I did it. I don't think there's a way to grab the vertical position, but I could be wrong on that.