Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
i18n does not work with Birt 3.7.2
saianji
Hi Experts,
I implemented i18n with birt 2.5.2 with the following steps.
1) specified resources file and associated keys for labels in design templates.
2) Created a resource locator implementing IResourceLocator and set it to the engine config.
3) set the locale to IRunAndRenderTask
Every thing is working fine with this.
Recently we upgraded birt version from 2.5.2 to 3.7.2(did not do any code change.just replaced birt runtime).With Birt 3.7.2,It is not picking the labels from properties file(I think not able to locate properties file) and displaying the labels whatever i have given in the template.
Is there anything that i have to do with respect 3.7.2 in order to pick the properties file?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
This is running the reports using the report engine? Does it fail in the designer as well? Let me know.
saianji
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="103214" data-time="1339713830" data-date="14 June 2012 - 03:43 PM"><p>
This is running the reports using the report engine? Does it fail in the designer as well? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
This issue is when running reports with report engine.We are using scripted data source .So i never tried running the report in the designer.<br />
Right now i am on vacation so not able to test that.
mwilliams
If you don't mind testing when you get back and letting me know, that'd be great. Either way, if you could create a simple scripted dataSet report and a properties file that's not working for you, that I can work with, that'd also be helpful. Thanks! Enjoy your vacation!
saianji
Hi Michael,
when i tried to preview the report in the designer , it is picking up the labels from properties file but while deploying through application it is not displaying the labels from properties file.
mwilliams
What app server are you deploying on? Tomcat, JBoss, something else? Let me know and I'll try a properties file deployed.
saianji
Hi Michael,
we are using weblogic10.3 application server.
mwilliams
Unfortunately I don't have Weblogic. I'll try it on Tomcat and see what I find. I'll let you know.
mwilliams
Properties file translations work fine for me with Tomcat and 3.7.2. Can you create a report and properties file that I can run that doesn't work for you and attach it in here. If you're running your reports with java and it requires running that way to fail, please also create a java file. Thanks.
saianji
Hi Michael,
If i preview the report using desinger, it is working.The problem is when deploying through our application.
Unfortunately,I can not share the java code as we are using lot of customization for the scripted data set.
When i revert back birt version to 2.5.2, i18n is working fine.
Regards,
mwilliams
If you have time to create a simple sample that I can run, I'd be interested in taking a look or if you can get an example with the sample db to fail in 3.7.2 but not 2.5.2. Since you're seeing the exact same thing work in 2.5.2, but not in 3.7.2, please log a bug for it at
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php
Thanks!