Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Parameter - Add additional text.
olivia08
Is there any way to put text on a report parameter so that when it pops up, there would be some descriptive text at the bottom (utilizing the white space). Basically, I'm trying to use the blank space on the bottom of the parameter pop-up and put some useful info there for the users.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You're just wanting to put a static text at the bottom of the parameter page? Or are you wanting it to be dynamic based on the report?
olivia08
Static text.
olivia08
Any thoughts for static text?
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. You should be able to go into the jsp pages for the parameter page under webcontent/birt/pages and find where you can input static text into the layout. If you look here and have trouble finding where, let me know and I'll take a closer look.
olivia08
Under webcontent/birt/pages/parameter, I see the following jsp files:
checkboxparameterfragment
comboboxparameterfragment
hiddenparameterfragment
parametergroupfragment
radiobuttonparameterfragment
textboxparameterfragment
I have no idea what to do next...please help.
FYI - I don't want the same static text to appear on all parameters. I will have different text depending on the report.
mwilliams
That's what I meant by dynamic based on the report, in my earlier post. If you're wanting to create text on the parameter page that is different for each report, you might just look into creating a custom jsp parameter page, using the tag library. You'd do this for each report, so you could customize it to look like and say whatever you wanted. This might be your best route, for this.