Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Tables in rptlibrary files
millvall
Am I missing something?
1) In an rptlibrary I make a Table. (No data source, just nice corporate colors)
2) In my design, I use the library and drag in the Table.
The Table has an error until I Bind it to a data set. I do and error goes away.
So far great!
3)I try to insert a data item in the Table, but choices are all grayed out.
Can not even drag a data item from the data set. Why not?
I thought that?s how Table?s in rptlibrary files worked. They are simply a skeleton with colors/styles pre-set, then you insert any data items in to the Table in the report.
Is that not how it woks? Is there a way of doing this? (OS BIRT 262)
Thanks
Milton.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
This sounds like something where just having a standard style sheet would work. You'd just import the style sheet and drag a new table in and it would automatically put the colors you want. Or, if this is a standard design, you could create a report template for this type of report. Let me know if either of these sound like an option.