Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Get Current User ID in Javascript
birt4bank
Hi,
I'm developing a report where we have to track the report's usage. Is it possible in javascript to pull back the current user id? I would then put that ID into a variable and pass it as a parameter into the database.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bgbaird
reportContext.getAppContext().get('ServerUserName')
bgbaird
Try this
--reportContext.getAppContext().get('ServerUserName')
birt4bank
Thanks! I'll give it a shot and see what I get.
bgbaird
If you are using Actuate iServer, you can set up usage logs to pick that up, then I use BIRT to report those csv files.
REPORT PATH and Name**
reportContext.getAppContext().get('VolumeName')+reportContext.getReportRunnable().getReportName()
Server User and Time**
today = new Date();
df = new Packages.java.text.SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm a");
today = df.format(today);
"Run by: " + reportContext.getAppContext().get('ServerUserName') + " @ " + today;
birt4bank
for some reason It's displaying 'Anonymous'. Is there a reason for that?
bgbaird
That will be the user displayed in the IDE unless you choose a "run as" option