Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using BIRT with Pervasive or Btrieve
Cardinal24
I am new to this. This is my first post. I <em class='bbc'>did </em>search for an answer but found none.<br />
I attended BIRT Roadshows. Now I want to get started.<br />
<br />
I use a database called Pervasive. It used to be called Btrieve.<br />
I have lots of data.<br />
<br />
Btrieve uses DDF files. These are Data Definition Files.<br />
We use DDFs to set up ODBC data sources.<br />
I have it working in this way with Microsoft Access.<br />
<br />
When I tried to set up a new Data Source in the BIRT Designer, it offered JDBC,but not ODBC.<br />
<br />
Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br />
Thank you in advance.<br />
David
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
BIRT uses JDBC. I am not sure it is the best but you could try the jdbc-odbc bridge. Put in the following for the driver:
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
Then use jdbc:odbc:yourodbcdb
for the database url. Change the yourodbcdb to the one you need.
Jason