Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Samba access to TS really slow! Help?
System
Some of our developers are using samba to directly access teamsite file repositories but throughput is really bad. Is there anything in the teamsite or samba configurations that can cause this? Neither the box nor the network look to be overloaded. We can't explain why it is slow. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You might want to try some of the tips outlined here:
http://uk.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/textdocs/Speed.txt
I have not used any of these before, so I have no idea of they would actually help.
Is the slowdown only on the TeamSite mount or is access to non-ts partitions also slow? For example, if you create a directory on /var/tmp and share it through samba, are people seeing the same speed problem? If so, the root problem might have something to do with samba not being tuned.
Also, what is performance like on the command line under /iwmnt? If command line access is slow, than it could be an overloaded iwserver process.
-Jed
--
Jed Michnowicz
Interwoven Technical Consultant
sa.doc
Service_Request.msg
Migrateduser
I'm trying out all your suggestions. Thanks a lot! I'll post an update when done.