I'm trying to integrate Google Maps v3 into a BIRT text box, and it's coming up blank for some reason.<br />
<br />
I used the example here: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://esitnikov.blogspot.com/2010/01/birt-best-practice_5227.html'>http://esitnikov.blogspot.com/2010/01/birt-best-practice_5227.html</a> which uses the v1 API, and it works just fine.<br />
<br />
I put the following code using v1 into an HTML text control and if I view the report in an HTML page, it works:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><html>
<head>
<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1
&key=ABQIAAAAftwXx2hMOePGP2BE2_5RNRT2yXp_ZAY8_ufC3CFXhHIE1NvwkxT-zgYL1zP-iujbpK-MPXdMZlTEzw" type="text/javascript">
</script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="map" style="width: 400px; height: 300px"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var map = new GMap(document.getElementById("map"));
map.centerAndZoom(new GPoint(-83.022206, 39.998264), 3);
</script>
</body>
</html></pre>
<br />
Now if I take the code from the Google Maps v3 Getting Started page and put it in a HTML text element, it comes up blank in BIRT, but works fine using a regular web server:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><html>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />
<style type="text/css">
html { height: 100% }
body { height: 100%; margin: 0; padding: 0 }
#map_canvas { height: 100% }
</style>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIzaSyCYBZi7kgtTOUqctjElGFlAEuwAyBjZpHY&sensor=false">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
function initialize() {
var myOptions = {
center: new google.maps.LatLng(-34.397, 150.644),
zoom: 8,
mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
};
var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("map_canvas"),
myOptions);
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="initialize()">
<div id="map_canvas" style="width:100%; height:100%"></div>
</body>
</html></pre>
<br />
I'm wondering if maybe it has to do with the 'onload' event in the body? Or maybe something with the HTML header tag in the text box.<br />
<br />
Does anyone have any experience or direction they can give me on this?<br />
<br />
Thanks.