Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How can I make BIRT sort by aggregate?
Auroras
This is my table design. I have five columns, labeled "Server Name," "Application," "CPU Hours," "Total Monthly Fee," and "Monthly fee by application." (Since a server can run multiple applications)
Then, I was able to group the table by application and come up with a summary for application, grouping each application by how much money in fees they have incurred for the period.
However, there does not seem to be a method in how BIRT lists the grouping and the aggregate, what I would like to happen is to ideally sort the aggregate sum in descending order, is there a quick and easy way to do this?
Thank you!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Hi,
it is possible to sort the table groups by some other column binding then the group name. Just open the grouping dialog by double clicking the table group header or the table group footer column.
There is a section which can be switched between Filter and Sort at the bottom of that dialog (see that picture for a screenshot of the dialog:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21384464&aid=6
). Go to Sort and add a sorting condition. Select the column binding which contains your aggregation.
This will sort the groups. If you want to sort the records within a group you have to use the Sort in the property editor of the table.
hope this helps
Christian
Auroras
Understood: it turns out that when I sorted in the group level, I added a sorting condition and I only did the dropdown list for the key, which didn't include a number of newly created column bindings.
The proper way is to click on the "Fx" Javascript button, go in and go to "available column bindings" - "table" - and then you can see all the different column bindings you created, and one of them would be able to let you sort on the group level.
Thank you!