First post, so Hi

I have just downloaded the BIRT Report Designer because I am interested to see how a report is deployed to the internet.
I have looked through lots of documentation and see many things mentioned like engines and runtimes, and kinda got lost in it all, so could someone please enlighten me.
All of the report creation side of things look pretty familiar to me, but once I have a series of working reports, can the reports (alone) be viewed in a web browser by my users like they would view any other php or html file, or do I need a separate viewer or something installed on my server to handle the drill down link creation and linked file locations?
I don't require any security or user login to view the reports, I just want to give out the url to the first report and let the drill down links do the rest of the work.
The reason I ask is this...
I am developing a closed loop system based on 9 drill down reports that use a mysql connection and contain sub report, chart and crosstab elements.
I have tried using both Pentaho and Jasper iReports, but after completing the reports I found that both of those BI tools require a separate file repository server system to be installed, and my domain provided will not allow them because of my shared hosting package.