Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
DataSet Result as DataSource Property Binding
ABSNate
Hello,<br />
<br />
I'm using the BIRT designer in Eclipse. I've created an XML source that uses a parameter value as part of its property binding for "XML Data Source File" the code looks like this.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>'http://localhost/birt/username.php?token='+params["UserToken"].value</pre>
<br />
This works. <br />
<br />
I'm stuck because I want to use the result of this XML source as a hidden parameter to another DataSet that uses a JDBC Data Source. <br />
<br />
I'm open to any suggestion! Maybe if I could access the DataSet directly and tell it when to load a value? The XML data returns a scalar value it's not complicated I'm just not too familiar with BIRT.<br />
<br />
Any help, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thank You
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you bind a grid to the XML dataSource, then embed your table that uses the JDBC dataSet into the grid cell, you can select the table, go to the binding tab, and then click on the dataSet parameter binding and pass a value from the outer grid (your XML result) to the SQL dataSet via a dataSet parameter. Hope this helps.