Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Editing Columns Binding fields
raghu1241
Hi,
I just want to know,Is there any way to edit the column binding field name dynamically using scripting.
let say column 'A' is binded with report,when we export the report data to csv,no doubt the csv column header will display as 'A'(which is binded) but I want to show the column header as 'B' instead of 'A'.
Please help.
Thanks & Regards,
Raghu.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
The only place I know that you can change the binding data is in the beforeFactory or the onPrepare for the table. This is before the report runs. Post running I do not know of a way. Are you using a csv emitter or the data extraction? If you are using a csv emitter you can change the code to do the replace.
Jason
raghu1241
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="105471" data-time="1340997737" data-date="29 June 2012 - 12:22 PM"><p>
The only place I know that you can change the binding data is in the beforeFactory or the onPrepare for the table. This is before the report runs. Post running I do not know of a way. Are you using a csv emitter or the data extraction? If you are using a csv emitter you can change the code to do the replace.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks Jason for your reply.<br />
<br />
I am extraction the data using one of the option available in Birt Report Designer(i.e. Running report through View report in Web Viewer,then select Export Data).<br />
<br />
I have attached the sample report,on one of the column header report scripting is done based on report parameter value column header value will be displayed dynamically from the property file.when we export the data to PDF its works fine but not for csv and even I have modified the report as suggested but no result.<br />
<br />
Could you please check and let me know it is possible to achieve usin scripting.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Raghu.