Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
dataset parameter problems in 4.2
TheCactus
Is anyone else having problems using parameters in the dataset with the new version of birt? It was working in the previous version (3.7) for me.
example sql would be
select process
from table
where id = ?
and the parameter page of the dataset is linked to a report parameter with a default value of 1. Attached is the error message.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I just set up a report in 4.2 that uses a dataSet parameter linked to a report parameter, with no issue. Was this report created in BIRT 3.7, then opened in 4.2? Let me know.
TheCactus
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="106943" data-time="1341506156" data-date="05 July 2012 - 09:35 AM"><p>
I just set up a report in 4.2 that uses a dataSet parameter linked to a report parameter, with no issue. Was this report created in BIRT 3.7, then opened in 4.2? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
First I tried bringing the reports over from 3.7 now then I tried creating the report from scratch. Both had the same error.<br />
<br />
I tried creating a sample report from the sample db just now, and the sample works with parameters. But I'm still getting the error.
mwilliams
So, you're unable to reproduce the error with the sample database? What database are you using?
TheCactus
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="106954" data-time="1341518203" data-date="05 July 2012 - 12:56 PM"><p>
So, you're unable to reproduce the error with the sample database? What database are you using?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Using Oracle 10g. Same setup and drivers I had in 3.7. Error happens when I click OK on the dataset window. No output columns shown.
mwilliams
File a bug here:
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php